Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Expanding My World War II Library-- Part 1

At my age, just shy of 60, I don't need to be buying more books, but here I am, buying more books, especially when I get by a Half Price Books store (there's one in Palatine, Illinois, where I go any time I'm in the area). Plus, I buy bargain books at Borders in McHenry.

In the last several months, I have bought four books dealing all or in part with World War II.

One is Weapons of World War II by Alexander Ludeke. This one is profusely illustrated with at least three pictures on most pages along with statistics, a brief summary and covers all weapons of the major powers involved from infantry weapons, unarmored and armored weapons, artillery, special weapons, aircraft and ships.

For Germany, Ludeke covers eight anti-aircraft guns and two rail cannons, 28 German planes and 11 ships.

A good source book when you come across a type of weapon in another book and just good pleasure reading.

And, I Got It for Half Price, $7. --DaCoot

No comments: