Friday, August 6, 2010

The Last Three Surviving World War I Veterans

Besides Frank Buckles, two other certified World War veterans are still alive. Both served in the English military.

Unfortunately, in the last year, three British veterans have died, leaving just the two, a woman and a man.

Until recently, I did not see her name among the survivors, but now she is listed in Wikipedia.

Claude Stanley Choules, 109, lives in Australia and served in the Royal Navy.

Florence Beatrice Green, 109, still lives in England and was in the Royal Air Force and Royal Air Force Women.

I have been following the last World War I veterans for some time now and it is sad to see their end coming. Another part of our history gone forever.

To see the other post on the survivors, hit the World War I survivors tag.

An interesting article is at Wikipedia under List of Surviving Veterans of World War I.

It Will Be a Sad Day When These Great People Pass On. --Cooter

No comments: