Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Watching TV-- Part 3

I was a BIG FAN of TV growing up and spent a lot of time in front of it watching Howdy Doody and the Mickey Mouse Club. This was back when most families had a TV, but just ONE. I also was a big fan of the Wonderful World of Walt Disney. That Swamp Fox and Davy Crockett series was the BEST!! Nothing finer. Of course, I had my coonskin cap, fringe jacket, and musket.

Mom tells me one time I got out of trouble when I had done something wrong and was about to get a spanking from my dad. With tears in my eyes, I sobbed, "Walt Disney's not going to like this." My dad was laughing so hard, he couldn't go on with it. And, I was being serious.

We had a black and white until around 1968, but still just one. The big problem here was that our parents always got to watch what they wanted which meant more Lawrence Welk than I care to remember.

"Hey Kids. What Time Is It? --Da Coot

No comments: