Saturday, August 4, 2018

The VFW Supporting the World War I Centennial Commission


From the April 2017, VFW Magazine.

April 2017 marked the 100th anniversary of the United States joining World War I.  More than 199,000 service members gave their lives in the short 18 months of involvement.  On the United States, the U.S. World War I Centennial Commission has many events planned and the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) is giving its complete support, according to National Commander Brian Duffy.

Public programs and events are planned all across the country.  They will kick off April 6, 2017, at the World War I Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri, (the Liberty Memorial) a little more than a mile from the VFW National Headquarters.  It will culminate with the dedication of the National World War I Memorial  in Washington, D.C.'s Pershing Park.

--DaCoot


No comments: