Thursday, August 30, 2018

Team of Dreams at Iowa's Field of Dreams Sunday


While in Galena, Illinois, and Dubuque, Iowa, this past week for Liz and my 45th wedding anniversary, I saw plenty of advertising for this event in Dyersville, Iowa.

They are having quite an array of hall of fame retired baseball and even football players there to play a softball game and sign autographs.  And the best thing to me, I recognize all their names, something I can't say with today's players where I do well just to know the White Sox and Cub players.

Here is the list of attendees:

Cal Ripken, Jr
Wade Boggs
Jose Canseco
Tom Glavine
Mark Grace
Steve Carlton

Ozzie Smith
Rickey Henderson
Jack Morris
Alan Trammel
Fred Lynn

And football players:

Thurman Thomas
Dick Butkus
Jerry Kramer

And, Olympic skater Bonnie Blair.

That Would be Really Neat To See All These People.  --Cooter


No comments: