Saturday, April 19, 2014

41 Years Ago Today... It Was 1973

And there I was at the tender age of 21 and deep into student teaching at Maine West High School in Des Plaines, Illinois, and set to graduate from Northern Illinois at the end of May. I was still driving the infamous "Ramblin' Wreck" 1963 Rambler station wagon, which had finally started after shutting down for the DeKalb winter. It wouldn't be long before I bought my first new car, a 1973 Ford Pinto, manual transmission. Anyway, Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM, is going back to 1973 for the next two and a half hours, streaming live at www.wxrt.com. So, if you're getting ready to go to your local mom and pop record store for Record Store Day (I still say it should be called National Record Store Day) , give it a listen. Last several songs played: I CAN'T STAND THE RAIN-- Ann Peebles ROSALITA-- Bruce Springsteen LET'S GET IT ON-- Marvin Gaye FAT MAN IN THE BATHTUB-- Little Feat SAIL ON SAILOR-- Beach Boys DEAR ABBY-- John Prine DYERMAKER-- Led Zeppelin Lots of Memories. --Cooter

No comments: