Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Why It Takes So Long to Do These Blogs

No post here yesterday because of all the time it took on an upcoming entry on my Down Da Road I Go Blog concerning the death of Samantha Juste, which usually would be mentioned here in this blog, but will be in the other one because of her connection with music. She died at age 69 on February 10th and was a very popular "Disc Girl" on the popular Top of the Pops Show (TOTP) in the U.K. back in the 1960s. And, she was married to Monkee Mickey Dolenz. //// I've heard of the TOTP show, but didn't know much about it, plus, wasn't really sure what a disc girl was. So, looked it up and wrote some informatiion. //// But what really took time was when I decided to go to You Tube to look up a video of a song she made. I found several, then there was one that Dolenz made, "Randy Scuze Git" and sung by the Monkees. Well, then there were a whole bunch of Monkee videos. Then, there were a whole lot of early 1964-1966 TOTP videos of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Gerry & the Pacemakers, Hollies , Herman's Hermits and many others. Before I knew it, it was two hours later. //// I Shoul Know Better Than to Go to You Tube. --Cooter

No comments: