Thursday, February 27, 2014

Deaths: Sid Caesar and Shirley Temple

SID CAESAR, Died Feb. 12, 2014.

From March 3rd Time Magazine //// "If you've laughed at something on TV lately, you can thank Sid Caesar. He was present for the birth of TV as a mass medium and as a mass comedy delivery service. Any family tree of modern comedy branches back to him through the writers and performers he worked with-- Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, Woody Allen, Larry Gelbart-- and the sketch-comedy format that the chameleonic Caesar defined" by James Poniewozik.

I have always heard of him but rarely ever saw him, but after reading this have to include him here. He was a bit before my TV-watching time. I love my sitcoms. Thanks Mr. Caesar.

SHIRLEY TEMPLE, 85. 1928-Feb. 10, 2014

Child star and diplomat. Again, I'm familiar with her, but she was a bit before my time. It is too bad that so many of the recent and today's child stars couldn't be more like her. Growing older with dignity, what an idea.

No comments: