Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

From the August 24th Chicago Tribune "O Brother' ages gracefully" by Randy Lewis.

Ten years ago, one of my favorite movies-ever came out, "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

It was not likely that it would ever become a success, perhaps a cult classic, but nothing more. I didn't know about it at first, but after hearing some cuts from the soundtrack, went to the theater and saw it.

Just a wacky, delightful trip back into America's 1930's depression and the escape of some prisoners and search for hair pomade.

There were all sorts of stories going on and allusions to past historic literature.

It helped push Americana music, which I am very fond of. The soundtrack ranks in the top 200 best-selling albums of all time (I have one). It is being reissued with 17 more tracks and I might just be buying one for myself. CD of course, none of that downloading stuff.

I Might Just Have to Go Pop That CD On Right Now. --Cooter

1 comment:

Capt. Schmoe said...

I liked it. It was "bona-fide"

Thanks for the post.