Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Earl's Take on History

I have become a big fan of a comic strip called Pickles by Brian Crane. It features old guy, at least in his sixties, maybe older, Earl and his wife Opal. I am starting to relate way too much to him. must mean I am getting older too.

From the July 17th Chicago Tribune.


FRAME 1: Earl and a buddy are sitting on a park bench. His buddy is reading a newspaper. Earl: "Who was that guy who sat under the tree? Newton something or other."

FRAME 2: Friend: "Oh, you mean Isaac Newton?"
Earl: "Yeah, that's the one. Didn't he invent the theory of relativity?"

FRAME 3: Friend: "No, No. That was Einstein. Newton discovered gravity."
Earl: "Oh yeah. The thing with the apple."

FRAME 4: Earl: "Some guy shot the apple off his head with a bow and arrow, right?"

FRAME 5: Friend: "Nope. You're thinking of William Tell."
Earl: "Ahh..."

FRAME 6: Earl: "I'm actually pretty good at history stuff. It's just the small details that I'm a little fuzzy on."

Just Like Earl, I'm Getting a Little Fuzzy On Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: