Thursday, November 12, 2009

World's Biggest Flops-- Part 3

Back to AARP's November Bulletin with list prepared by Betsy Towner.

I don't agree with all of them, but remember most. My comments in parentheses.

40. MILLI VANILLI'S GRAMMY-- award in 1990 for an album the duo didn't make. (They were lip-synching, but whoever made that album sure did a good job.)

39. PSYCHEDELIC PEZ-- (1967) They were flower-flavored. As in roses. (Never heard of it, but I do like my Pez products. What a sugar shot.)

38. THE CAPEMAN-- (1998) Paul Simon's rock opera about a murdered teen. (Never heard of it.)

37. BASKETBALL SUPERSTAR MICHAEL JORDAN'S-- baseball career (1994) (But he sure made the lives of those Birmingham players better. He more than made up for it with those never-ending commercials he made and we had to endure here in the Chicago area.)

36. YOU'RE IN THE PICTURE-- (1961) Poor ratings persuaded Jackie Gleason to cancel his game show after one episode. In week 2's time slot, the Great One apologized for "the biggest bomb in history. (I don't remember it, but with just one TV in the house, we watched whatever the parents did.)

Well, I Remembered Two of Them. --DaCoot

No comments: