Saturday, November 7, 2009

Top Ten Most Controversial Flags

List Universe came up with another list on September 26th that gets you to really thinking. Maybe you agree with it, maybe not, but they listed the ten most controversial flags. I was sure the Confederate flag had to be #1. Was it? Of course, these were just one person's thoughts on the matter.

They had pictures of the flags and a short history of each, so go to the listserve.com site to view them.


10. Rainbow/Gay Pride Flag
9. Angus Flag in Scotland
8. Sun of Vergina Flag of Macedonia
7. Pre-Islamic Revolution Flag of Iran
6. Rising Sun Flag of Japan

5. Patriot's Flag of Quebec, Canada
4. Flag of Europe
3. Flag of Iraq
2. Confederate Battle Flag-- Still shocked it was not #1. With all the attcks on that flag by certain groups, I was sure it was number one, but it wasn't. The Number One Most Controversial took me by surprise, but after thinking about it, I would have to agree.



1. The United States Flag-- I've seen it being burned and dragged through the streets more than I care to think of.

Gets You to Thinking. --Da Coot

No comments: