Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Got My History Thing, And a Bonus... Part 2: Rome

June 12th, we were still in Rome, and took a cab to the Vatican and waited in a really long line to pay our 14 euro to tour the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. There is more stuff in there than I can possibly tell you about. Then, the ceilings are something else. I had a big neck ache when we got out from so much craning.

Unfortunately, we lost Mom almost as soon as we got into the place and were greatly relieved to meet her in the Sistine Chapel. She had gone into a no-admittance room, which ended up as a good break as I don't think she could have made the long walk as well as numerous stairs. At 78, her mobility on foot is diminishing.

One thing I can tell you, that Michelangelo creation painting on the ceiling of the chapel is not as big as I thought it was.

Next, a Bus Ride Through Rome. --Da Coot

No comments: