Friday, June 26, 2009

Dead Page: The King and the Poster Girl

Two big names in the entertainment field died yesterday.


MICHAEL JACKSON 1958-2009

I first heard about his death from my sister yesterday.

From 1969 to 1986 he was one of the great performers. I really liked his "I Want You Back" and "ABC" which he did with his brothers in the Jackson 5. "I Want You Back" is one of my all-time favorite Motown songs.

Then, I liked his "Off the Wall" solo effort in 1979, and then, there was that 1982 "Thriller" album. I was just getting into deejaying at the time and would have no idea how many times I played "Beat It" and Billie Jean."

Who can forget his moonwalk on the Motown anniversary show?

His follow up albums, "Bad" and "dangerous" were also good.

I sure liked him until he got weird.


FARRAH FAWCETT 1947-2009

I never watched "Charlie's Angels" and really wasn't a fan of hers. But, there was no way you could avoid that famous 1976 poster.

She was born in Corpus Christi, Texas and named Mary Farrah Leni Fawcett by her mother, who added the Farrah because she thought it went well with Fawcett.

No comments: