Monday, April 7, 2008

Dad's Autobiography-- Part 3

Also, during that third year of school, I became a charter member of the College Kiwanis Club, Charter member of the College Inter-religious Council and Chairman of the College Point System.

Increased responsibility at the Ford Company and the tightening requirements of upper class curriculum curbed my extra-curricular activities during my senior year.

Because of additional responsibility assumed at work, I had to make a corresponding reduction in scholastic load as a senior. This resulted in my having to attend school an extra semester.

Graduation came February 26, 1952.

March 1, 1952, I went to work with the Hood Motor Company (Studebaker Agency) at Goldsboro as combination salesman, parts man and shop foreman (the latter job including body shop supervision).

During my first year I sold 41 new and used automobiles, the selling being done, for the most part, at night after regular duties at the company were ended for the day.

Throughout my work with automobile companies I have been in contact with insurance adjusters. Their work has interested me for several years.

While in Goldsboro, I became acquainted with J.L. Brown. local representative of Motors Insurance Corporation. Through discussions with him I became convinced that a greater future for me lay in that field and that MIC offered the greatest opportunities for a man withn the interest and ambition to get ahead.

*****************************************************************************

Well. that's it. I sure enjoyed doing this and getting to know my dad at a point in his life when he was a young married man with two sons and trying to make a better life for all.

I'd have to say tht this was probably written as part of a job application or resume for a job in the insurance industry.

No comments: