Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Remnant of 9/11 in Tinley Park, Illinois-- Part 2


Continued From my RoadDog's RoadLog blog.  You can click on it in the My Blogs section to the right.

The village Fire Department has had a banner created that will be mounted near the beam as a way to honor it and alert people as to its presence.

There were also plans for a mural to be made on the building by its present location, but that was dropped as plans for a more permanent memorial developed.

However, at least in 2016, nothing was done about it.

Come on Tinley Park, do something with it.  You have a real piece of history.  I'm sure we here in Spring Grove,Illinois, would be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Since this article is from Sept. 11, 2016, I was wondering if anything else has been done in Tinley Park since then.  I haven't been able to find that anything has.  But I did find an article about the beam coming to the town and will write about it in my Not So Forgotten War of 1812 blog today.  Click on the site at My Blogs to the right of this post.

No comments: