Monday, September 12, 2022

Some More Facts About 9/11 (And My Thoughts)

I was unable to do my annual commemoration of 9/11 yesterday, so am doing it today in seven of my eight blogs.

From the Do Something Organization "11 facts about 9/11."

**  After the 9/11 atacks on the World Trade Center towers,  the rescue and recovery clean-up of the 1.8 million tons of wreckage from the WTC took 9 months.

I would have liked to have seen that one section of the exterior that was still standing be kept as part of the Memorial.

Plus, when I heard about the call for blood donations, I was thinking that I doubted anyone in those towers when they fell would have survived.  Only a few did.

**  Passengers aboard United Flight 93 heard about the earlier airplane attacks and crashes and decided to attempt to retake ontrol of the plane from the hijackers.  As a result, the hijackers deliberately crashed the plane into the Pennsylvania field instead of their unknown target.  

Personally, I think the Capitol was the target.  That is the seat of our government.


No comments: