Monday, January 3, 2022

Bluto Meets Clark at the Volo Auto Museum

From the December 1, 2021, Hi-Liter (Northwest Chicago suburbs) "Treat your family this year to a 'Christmas Vacation' they won't forget at Volo Museum."

It's Bluto Blutarsky meet Clark Griswold at the Volo Museum right now and a tip of Santa's cap to two of the best movies ever made in my opinion.  

They have the 1959 Corvette from "Animal House" and the Family Truckster from "Vacation."  Plus, there is a photo op you can get with Cousin Eddie's "Christmas Vacation" RV in the backdrop background.

"Animal House" is my all-time favorite movie (essentially it was my old fraternity up until the parade and I am sure we would have had toga parties if we'd thought about it.  We'd have been just the guys to do it, you know.)

Plus, "Christmas Vacation" is my second favorite Christmas movie.  But. I have to admit I thought the Wagon Queen Family Truckster had been pretty-well destroyed by Clark's trip into the desert.  And, "Vacation" is in my Top Five favorite movies especially since Liz and I are bigtime old road folks.

--Cooter


No comments: