Wednesday, April 8, 2020

About That Last Really Bad Pandemic: The Spanish Flu 1918-1920


From Wikipedia.

Between 1918 and 1920, the world had the really bad Spanish Flu pandemic, in which an estimated 500 million people (about one fourth of the population at the time) were infected and anywhere between 17 to 50 million people died.

This made it the worst pandemic of all time other than Black Death.

Hopefully, all the measures being taken across the United States and the world will stop the current one from being as bad.

I have written a lot about the Spanish Flu pandemic in this blog.  When I did, I never expected that I would be living through one, but here we are.

Two of my favorite performers have died from the "V":  Joe Diffie and John Prine.

You can read about my previous posts on Spanish Flu by hitting the Spanish Flu or 1918 Flu Epidemic labels below this.  Some of that seems real familiar.

Strange Days Indeed.  --Cooter

No comments: