Wednesday, April 3, 2019

2019 Oscars-- Part 1: Best Picture


I did pretty well (for me) picking Oscar winners in the local Classic Cinemas Theatres prediction contest after seeing a majority of the movies in each of the major categories.

I saw 6 of the 8 nominees in Best Picture:

Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
A Star Is Born
Vice.

I did not see BlackKKlansman or Roma (I don't get Netflix).

I was amazed that I had seen three of them before nominees were announced.  Usually most of the nominees are movies most people did not see.  If the Oscars want to raise its ratings they should have two categories for Best Picture:   Movies People Have Seen and Movies People Haven't Seen.

Though I must admit, whenever I get to see one of the movies people haven't seen, I must admit that it is an excellent movie.  I do appreciate Regal Cinemas and Classic Cinemas showing all those movies people haven't seen after they are nominated.

They were all great movies and I picked "Green Book" to win, and it did.

Must be a Film Critic  Now.  --CootPicker

No comments: