Wednesday, January 3, 2018

My "Hot" Toys-- Part 1: Oh, Them Soldiers


Growing up in the 1950s and 1960s, my "Hot Toys" were first the Lincoln Logs, Erector Sets and Tinker Toys.  I had one of each.

But, by far the thing I liked the most were soldier sets.  And, of those, the best were Marx Blue & Gray, Fort Apache and the Alamo.  These were by far THE GIFTS I wanted the most.  But they were much too expensive for me to buy so they had to come on Christmas.  Santa got a lot of requests for these.  Each one provided lots of hours of war.

You can still get them, but even more expensive now.  The Marx Blue & Gray costs around $90 for just the soldiers.  Evidently I should have kept the box it came in as you can get one for $70, just the box.

I found a Fort Apache for $125 and Alamos ranging from $100 to $575 for a really big one.

Man, I Sure Loved Those.  --CootToy

No comments: