Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11: "Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue"

Continued from my Tattooed On Your Soul World War II blog.

Lyrics to Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue (The Angry American)"

These are the spoken ones at the beginning of the song:

How many Americans do we have in here tonight?
In the days following September 11th last year
Everybody that was a poet or writer or a songwriter of any kind
Had a reason to write some words down.
Or some thoughts on a piece of paper
And i was no different than anybody else.

That's what you do when you do what I do
And my father served in the Army in the 50's
He lost his right eye in a training combat mission
he came home, he put a flag up at the farm I was raised on

I lost him six months prior to the attacks on New York City
And the United States and that flag
Flew out in that yard, it's flown there every
He raised me right an' he never bitched one time about losing his eye.

Continued on mt Saw the Elephant blog.


No comments: