Tuesday, January 19, 2010

AHS Centaur Survivor's Account

From April 17, 2009 Yahoo 7 News.

Only three of the 64 survivors of this tragedy still are alive. Martin Pash, 87, is one of them.

"I was the last one out of the quarters and I got sucked back into the ship's hull. We tried to get the life boats away and couldn't get them away. I left and I said, 'grab something safe until the ship's gone under' and I left and went up to grab the rail on the side of the ship, and before I had the chance to do it, the suction took me down number one hatch. And with the lights on the red crosses illuminating the water, I found my way out of there."

Over the years, there have been a number of false findings of the wreck, but o confirmations.

Richard Jones lost an uncle. Jan Thomas lost her father, a doctor.

A sad Story That Shouldn't Have Happened.

No comments: