Thursday, May 21, 2009

Old Folks Might Remember

My Uncle Bo sent me this, complete with pictures. If I remember most of them, does this make me old?

DO YOU REMEMBER?

45 rpm spindles (either the single ones, or the big ones you put on the LP spindle and could stack.
Green Stamps-- those books you had tp put them in.
metal ice cube trays with a lever-- sometimes you just couldn't open that lever

roller skate keys-- I didn't skate, too much pain
Marlin Perkins-- telling his assistant to grab the really mad animal or reptile
Drive In Movies-- still around. We have one about three miles away
car hops-- just ate at a Dog 'N Suds today, 99 cent Charco Burgers

Studebakers-- my grandfather had a dealership in Goldsboro, NC
Fuller Brush Man-- I was too young
Reel-to-Reel Tape Recorder-- I have two that sort of work. Recorded a lot of songs off WLS and WCFL while in high school and before I got into cassettes
Tinker Toys-- Might still be around

More to Come. --Da Coot

No comments: