Monday, April 11, 2022

Fifty Things About "The Godfather"-- Part 5: 'I'm Gonna Make Him An....'

30.  A  generation later,  "The Sopranos" would pay tribute to "The Godfather" by having  the strip club named "Bada Bing."

31.  "Modern Family" paid tribute to "The Godfather" in an episode titled "Fulgencio," which features a baptism ceremony intercut with scenes of revenge.  (Nobody is actually killed, because "Modern Family" was a sitcom and that would have been insane.

32.  Don Corleone's cat was a stray found on the Paramount lot.

33.  Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman all reportedly turned down the role of Michael.

********************************

REMEMBER THESE QUOTES.

34.  "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

35.  "I believe in America.  America has made my fortune.  And I raised my daughter in the American fashion."

36.  "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

--CootFather


No comments: