Tuesday, July 2, 2019

McDonald's Kiwi Burger: With an Egg an a Beet


In the last post I mentioned McDonald's Kiwi Burger as being one of my favorite things I've ever eaten.  Sadly, the only place you can get it is in New Zealand and a bit too far to go for take out.  So, I am hoping that McDonald's has this on their limited-time foreign menu.

As I said, I go into American fast food places in other countries to see if they have stuff we don't have here.  My family was visiting Australia and New Zealand back in the the 2000s and I had one of these great sandwiches.

This was the first time I had ever had a fried egg on a burger (now several places in the U.S. have that including Steak 'N Shake).  Wikipedia describes a Kiwi Burger:  four ounce burger patty, griddle egg, beet, tomato, lettuce, cheese, onions, mustard on a toasted bun.  I kind of think I also might have had several thin slices of kiwifruit on my Kiwi Burger.

It was introduced in 1994 and withdrawn in 2004 and has since returned for limited times several times.

This could be my new McRib.

Well. I'm Sure Hoping They Have It Here Now.  --CootKiwi

No comments: