Friday, August 23, 2013

TV: Better in Reruns Than Originally Aired


From the August 18, 2013, Parade Magazine Personality Parade.

The question was "Have any shows done better in syndication than when originally aired?" by Matt Coon.

ANSWER, YES:

Neither "The Honeymooners" nor "Star Trek" ranked among the top 15 shows when they first aired. Both were wildly successful and built their following through reruns.

Then, the magazine wanted to know the readers' favorite reruns at www.parade.com/tv.

I liked both of these series on reruns, even though I never had the chance to see The Honeymooners when it originally was shown as my parents didn't watch Jackie Gleason and we only had one TV. I didn't watch Star Trek until I was a freshman in college.

That brought back memories. I'll write about them today in my Down Da Road Blog.

Beam Me Up!! --Cooter

No comments: