Friday, March 20, 2015

Looking for John Belushi-- Part 1: "I Would Like to Feed Your Fingertips to the Wolverines"

From the Feb. 15, 2015, Chicago Tribune "Searching for signs of John Belushi" by Christopher Borrelli.

Like Mr. Borrelli, if I had to pick an all-time favorite comic actor, it would be John Belushi.  I am still mad that he took his life and kept me from all those great movies I'm sure he would have made.  That guy could do more with just an eyebrow than most comedians can do full body.

"The first time I visited Chicago, about 25 years ago, i asked the clerk at the front desk of my hotel if he would point me in the direction of the John Belushi statue, the John Belushi memorial, the John Belushi honorary whatever.

"Because I had always assumed there was one.  Alongside 'Star Wars,' K-Tel records and Steve Martin, this Albanian-American from Wheaton played such an outsized role in so many '70s childhoods, there had to be something.

"Those dancing eyebrows, that coiled Tasmanian Devil caricature of a presence, that cheerfully rampaging personality behind a sweet smile -- Belushi was the unshackled id of the Carter administration, the rebel you wanted to be before you knew any better."

He even remembers the first line spoken by Belushi on his first episode.  That was in this article's title.

I couldn't have summed up John Belushi any better.

John belushi, One Really Funny Guy.  --DaCoot






No comments: