Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Twelve Discontinued Beers That Sadly You'll Never See Again-- Part 1: Good Ol' Falstaff

From December 7, 2022, Eat This, Not That!  by Tanya Adwards.

If you like beer like me, you'll find this of interest.  Fortunately, I had not ever heard of or had most of them.  I will start by listing the ones with which I  was familiar.

1.  Bud Dry--  Heard of it, but never tried it.  I'm not a big Bud fan, especially of Bud Light.

2.  Miller High Life Light--   Tried it, but no Miller High Life product out of a can hits it with me.  It's got to be in a Blonde or nothing.

3.  Pete's Wicked Ale--  Heard of it but never tried it.  Unfortunately craft beers are expensive and I tend to be a cheap beer drinker.

4.  Falstaff--  A favorite of mine--  and CHEAP!!!

5.  Meister Brau--  A Chicago beer bought by Miller and phased out.  Of interest, Meister Brau was one of the first breweries to feature a light beer, Meister Brau Lite.  This is where Miller Lite comes from, my favorite beer.

6.  Milwaukee's Best--   This became a favorite beer of college students because it was CHEAP.  Back in the 1970s at NIU in the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity, we drank Old Milwaukee for the same reason.  A six pack of Old Milwaukee went for 99 cents.  A six pack of Coca-Cola went for a $1.49.  As such, we were FORCED to drink beer.

7.  Red, White & Blue Lager--  Again, it was CHEAP!

**  Anybody remember Pickett Beer from Dubuque, Iowa.  I used to buy their beer for $5 a case!!  And, it was good.

Little Old Cheap Beer Drinker Me.  --CootDrunk


No comments: