Sunday, June 5, 2022

And My Best Two War Board Games: Stratego and Risk

I enjoyed the Milton-Bradley/American Heritage war board games, but my absolute two favorite games of this sort were Stratego and Risk.

I had excellent strategies for playing both of these.  You could always count on my spy to be somewhere around the general in Stratego.  That way if my opponents marshal came after my general, I had a shot at him.  My marshal would be around at least one of the colonels, maybe both, in case my opponent's general ventured forth.

Plus, I often played Risk in both high school and college.  These games could go on a long time, especially if there were only three players left or to begin with.  With just three players, you dare not go to war with one of the others and wear your armies down while the third person is just getting stronger by the move and preparing to wipe out what's left of the two warring parties.

--CootTego


No comments: