Thursday, April 4, 2013

Duck and Cover Back in the '60s

I remember back in grade school having practice for possible nuclear disaster occuring while our young selves were in school.

We were instructed to get under our desks and assume the head down, butt in the air position.  I'm just so positive this would have saved my young life had one of those nuclear bombs gone off a few hundred yards or even several miles away.

Of course, talk about your childhood trauma, even just having to practice for it.  I tell you it's a wonder all of us didn't have mental problems about it.  And worse of all, we could not have contacted our parents on our cell phones to say, "So Long Mom, I'm Off to Be Obliterated."

And no one could have texted their friends or uploaded to You Tube.

I Tell You, It's More Than a Child Should Have to Deal With!!  Wonder What Tom Lehrer Would Have Said?  --Cooter

No comments: