Monday, August 29, 2011

Lucille Ball Would Have Been 100

Definitely one of my favorite people on TV. I still enjoy seeing her episodes, especially with all that 1950s stuff, styles and culture. Born Aug. 6, 1911, Died April 26, 1989.

The CBS sitcom "I Love Lucy" ran from 1951 to 1957. I didn't see many, if any, shows as I was just six when they went off air. But, i have sure made up for it since then.

She also had one of the funniest movies ever, "The Long, Long Trailer" in which she co-starred with hubbie Desi Arnaz in which the newly weds spent their honeymoon in a trailer. I was finally able to see most of it on the 2010 Lincoln Highway Association's Conference Tour on the bus to where we started the cruise.

I'll need to see the end sometime.

Of course, everyone has their favorite "I Love Lucy" episodes.

Mine are the chocolate candy factory, grape stomping, the mirror Harpo Marx and, best of all the "Vitametavegamin" one. I have the poster of it right where I'm typing this.

Real Funny Gal. Thanks for All the Laughter. --Cooter

No comments: